- Foster and support a culture of integrity in research and scholarly activities at the University of New England among faculty, professional staff, and students.
- Raise awareness and understanding among the UNE community regarding the ethical and responsible conduct of research and scholarly activity.
- Create resource base of information and mentors to support the educational and professional development of students, faculty, and professional staff in the ethical conduct of research and scholarly activity.
- Animal Care and Use
- Protection of Human Research Participants
- Conflict of Interest
- Intellectual Property
- Data Management
- Export Controls
- Foreign Influence
- Rigor and Reproducibility
- Authorship and Affiliation
- Controlled Substances
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Misconduct in Research and Scholarly Activity
- NIH Requirements for Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research
- NSF Guidance Responsible and Ethical Conduct of Research (RECR)
- NSF Requirements for Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research
- UNE Policies
- CITI Program Responsible Conduct of Research
- Presentations archive
UNE Research Support Resources
If your work involves any of the following categories, you may need approval or to contact an office prior to use.
|If your work involves||You need approval from||Contact|
|DEA Controlled Substances||Environmental and Health Safety||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Export Controls; Sensitive Technology; Foreign Collaborations (including visiting scholars); International Travel; Non-Disclosure or Material Transfer Agreements for Incoming/Outgoing Research Information or Materials||Office of Sponsored Programs||Office of Sponsored Programs|
|Intellectual Property, Corporate Relations, Financial Interests||Office of Sponsored Programs||Office of Sponsored Programs|
|Ionizing Radiation, Lasers, Magnetic Resonance, Imaging Devices, Radioactive materials (including Sealed Resources, or X-Ray Machines||University-Wide Radiation Safety (UWSC)||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Hazardous Chemicals or Regulated Wastes||Environmental and Health Safety||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Human Subjects||Institutional Review Board (IRB)||Office of Research Integrity|
|Protected Health Information||HIPAA Officer||HIPAA Officer|
|Research Misconduct||Research Integrity Officer (RIO)||RIO|
|Vertebrate Animals||Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)||Office of Research Integrity|
Karen Houseknecht, B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Research Integrity Officer
Professor and Associate Provost for Research and Scholarship