Submit your enrollment deposit to guarantee your place in the incoming class. Your enrollment deposit includes a $300 tuition deposit and a $200 campus housing deposit. Once your enrollment deposit is received, you are eligible to complete the Housing and Dining contract.
Fall enrollment: After May 1, 2023, all deposits are non-refundable and accepted on a space-available basis.
Whether you know for sure you're a future Nor'easter or you're still considering your options, our accepted students events offer a unique way to explore UNE and help with your college decision.
UNE has a three-year residency requirement. Once we have received your enrollment deposit, you are eligible to complete a Housing and Dining Service Application and Contract to select roommate and residence hall preferences. Housing assignments are made in priority order based on the date we receive your application.
- Spring 2023 Housing and Dining applications are due by January 4, 2023
- Housing assignments will be released by January 11, 2023
- Fall 2023 Housing and Dining applications are due by July 1, 2023
- Housing assignments will be released by July 17, 2023
Housing and Dining Questions
As a residential student, you are assigned a meal plan. The plan includes:
- A set number of meals per week in our dining hall
- Flexible spending dollars for on-campus dining
- Nor'easter Dollars for select off-campus restaurants in the area
You can change your meal plan at the beginning of the semester.
For more information about the dining facilities and meal plans visit Dining Services.
Contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life at email@example.com or (207) 602-2272 for further information.
Orientation prepares you for the academic, social, and personal aspects of university life. You’ll make connections and get the important information you’ll need to start at UNE.
Attendance is required for all incoming undergraduate students, including first-time college students and transfer students.
At Orientation you will:
- Meet with academic advisors
- Review your class schedule and receive assistance to make necessary changes
- Prepare for your UNE career
- Learn about University services
- Make connections and socialize with other incoming UNE students, current UNE students, and professional staff
- Become familiar with our beautiful, ocean-front campus
- Become immersed in the intellectual, social, and cultural climate of UNE
- Learn what it means to be a Nor'easter!
Orientation Dates and Registration
- Residential Students: January 16 and January 17, 2023
- Commuting Students: January 17, 2023
- June 22–23, 2023
- June 26–27, 2023
- June 29-30, 2023
- August 29, 2023
Transitioning to college life can be exhilarating and challenging all at the same time. Start yourself off on the best foot possible by signing up for a Trailblazer trip. Through these off-campus activities, you will meet friends, faculty, current students, and professional staff in a smaller group setting well before school begins. We offer a variety of programs for all interests.
- June 18–21
- June 25–28
- July 9–13
Contact us at (207) 602-2447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a new student, you are required by the State of Maine and UNE to submit the following:
Complete and submit the following forms, which can be accessed at the Student Health Center website.
- Immunization Form for Arts and Sciences Students
- Immunization Form for Health Professions Students
- Physical Form
- A photocopy of your health insurance card
As a UNE student, you are required to have health insurance. You have the option to:
- Purchase health insurance through UNE
- Waive the UNE plan, if you are already insured
All forms are due by July 1 for new students starting in the fall. If you have questions, contact Student Health Services at (207) 602-2358 or visit the Student Health Center website.
For information about COVID-19 and the University’s response, visit our COVID-19 response website for the most up to date information.
Worried about getting around while on campus? Don’t be! The following options are available to you as a first-year or transfer student on our Biddeford campus.
You are encouraged to bring a bike to our easily navigable campus that includes bike racks outside of all academic and recreational buildings.
Nor'Easter Bike Share
No bike, no problem — UNE’s Nor’easter Bike Share is designed to make your life on campus more mobile and enjoyable. Whether you want to ride across campus or to the beach, this opportunity was made for you. It’s free for students to use and bikes are available at three locations, Campus Center, Alfond Forum, and Padua Residence Hall.
All permit decals are sold online at une.thepermitstore.com (Enter “UNE” as your destination). The cost of a University parking permit is a flat fee based on the permit type and is non-negotiable or refundable. The cost must be paid online by credit card or electronic check or billed to the student account (must have a valid PRN).
UNE offers three financial incentives for first-year and transfer students who commit to not bringing a vehicle to campus during their first year. These financial incentives are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and available enrollment is capped at 250 students per academic year.
The Zoom Turnpike Express offers weekday service from the Biddeford and Saco turnpike exits to downtown Portland. Other Shuttlebus services provide stops in Old Orchard Beach, the Maine Mall, and Portland. Visit the Shuttlebus-Zoom website for rates, routes, and schedules.